About this course:
Course: Licence to perform basic rigging (RB)
Course Code: CPCCLRG3001A
Training & Assessment:
- Training: 5 days
- Assessment: 1 day
Where is this training conducted:
Koolat Safety Inustry Skills Centre – Gold Coast
South East QLD – 1 Habana Street, Helensvale, QLD 4212 – MAP
Alternative Options: Dates for the following can be arranged to suit your needs:
- Assessment only
- Group bookings
The purpose of this training program is to provide the underpinning knowledge and skills to perform basic rigging safely. Koolat Safety ensure that the training and resources now required for all High Risk Work Licences, are industry consistent and current.
As of January 2013 under the new national harmonisation program, training and assessment for all CPC08 National High Risk Licence units now have specific equipment requirements for any High Risk Work training and assessment that is conducted in a controlled environment. Trainers and assessors must now provide all trainees suitable means to competently demonstrate hazard identification and implement appropriate controls.
For the CPCCLRG3001A Licence to perform rigging – Basic level (RB), the following list of compulsory equipment and materials must be made available for each individual task during the rigging course and assessment of trainees.
Mandatory equipment and required tasks:
Task one: Install a fall arrest system and use a safety harness fall arrest system:
Task two: Install and remove a cantilever crane loading platform (CCLP)
Task three: Install a safety net
Task four: Install and remove a shutter or safety screen
Task five: Work safely at heights
Task six: Erect and dismantle structural steel
Task seven: Install and remove precast panels
Task eight: Set up and operate a winch for load movement
Task nine: Install a material hoist OR Install a mast climber
Task ten: Bends, knots, hitches and splicing
Assessment components include:
- Theoretical Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Through a combination of theory and practical training, participants will gain the necessary knowledge and skills required to safely work as a Rigger – Basic level (RB).
- Statement of Attainment CPCCLRG3001A Licence to perform rigging basic level
Note: upon successful completion of this course, participants have 60 days to submit applications for their HRW Licence through Australia Post. Licencing fees apply.
How to apply for a high risk work licence
- Click here to learn more about applying for High Risk Work Licences in QLD
FAQ’s – Licensing and registrations
- Click here for frequently asked questions in regard to High Risk Work Licensing and registrations
- Training is offered to students under the age of 18, however, in order to obtain their qualification and licence, they must be 18 years and over. For further details please contact the office on 1300 186 308
- The trainee rigger needs to be able to work at height and perform physical tasks
- * The trainee rigger must hold a current certificate of competency in dogging prior to undertaking this training. It is necessary for the trainee rigger to be proficient in all aspects of dogging, as per the dogging assessment instrument. That is, the trainee rigger must know all the dogger’s formulas, know how to splice, know the hitches and bends required for a dogman ticket and be proficient with ALL the whistle signals
- Trainee riggers must have an intermediate understanding of mathematics (must be able to work out formulas for loads and safe working loads of steel wire rope, synthetic rope and chains)
Students MUST bring;
ENTRY NOT PERMITTED to training areas UNLESS MANDATORY PPE IS WORN by the student.
Additional Important Information:
- Students should have intermediate reading and writing skills (to be able to identify and interpret workplace signs as well as apply themselves to the course material)
- PAYMENT is required prior to the course commencing to secure your place. Please contact us for details. EFTPOS facilities are available at our office
- Advise us of any Literacy, Learning and Numeracy LLN difficulties prior to commencing your training program
- Koolat Safety’s Industry Skills Centres are fully resourced with appropriate Rigging PPE if required.
Any other questions regarding this training program contact Koolat Safety on:
- CPCCLRG3002A Licence to perform rigging intermediate level (RI)
- CPCCLRG4001A Licence to perform rigging advanced level (RA)
- CPCCLDG3001A Licence to perform dogging (DG) – Gold Coast
- CPCCLSF2001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level (SB)
- CPCCLTC4001A Licence to operate a tower crane (CT) – Gold Coast